When it comes to Preventative Eye Exams, Adam’s Eyecare goes the extra mile. Dr. Adam Heiner has 20 years of experience as a practicing optometrist, and takes the time to understand each of his patients and their specific needs. He specializes in Pediatric Optometry and engages people of all abilities. He helps his patients find the correct treatment or prescription for their unique needs.
We provide Comprehensive Vision exams- we test for many eye diseases, including glaucoma and macular degeneration, and help patients find treatment before conditions become more severe.
Our eye exams can detect and diagnose:
- Red eye- infectious, injury, or chronic.
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Holes, tears, and detachment in the retina (we use a Zeiss Clarus 500 ultra wide field camera)
- Near or far sightedness
- Macular Degeneration
- Color Vision difficulties
Dilated Eye Exams
We provide both dilated and undilated eye exams. Adam’s Eyecare has the option to avoid eye dilation. We use a Zeiss Clarus 500 UWF (ultra wide field) camera for undilated exams that oftentimes allows the doctor to see your retina better than using handheld lenses and an external light source for a dilated eye exam-- all within seconds.
- An undilated eye exam avoids the discomfort of mydriatic eyedrops, which can cause discomfort, blur and photophobia.
- A dilated exam is also an excellent option for many patients, and we provide these exams upon need or request.
Adam’s Eyecare accepts referrals from many different providers for many reasons.
- Urgent care Doctors refer to us for help with Corneal Foreign Body removal, or contact lens related Red Eye Treatment.
- Primary Care Doctors refer Diabetic Patients to us for Annual Dilated Diabetic Eye Exams with Retinopathy Screening- after the exam we provide the refering doctor with a detailed report of the findings.
- Pediatricians refer patients to us for treatment and management of myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, amblyopia, strabismus and ocular disease.
- School Nurses refer students who have difficulty with a school vision screening or trouble seeing in the classroom.
We often refer our patients to other specialists- many times we can Co-Manage our patients with other providers- meaning you come back to us for the follow up visits and/or eyeglasses.
- Cataract Surgery, Eyelid Surgery, Strabismus treatment and surgery, Kerataconus corneal crosslinking or Scleral lenses, Macular Degeneration treatment, Retina Detachments, Retinopathy, Lasik or other refractive eye surgery
If Dr. Heiner and his team cannot meet your eyecare needs, he can refer you to someone who can. Dr. Heiner has developed great relationships with eye specialists throughout the valley. Depending on what the patient requires, Dr. Heiner knows exactly where to send them. He often refers patients for various conditions.