Adam Heiner OD
Dr. Adam Heiner grew up in Rexburg Idaho. The oldest of 5 siblings. He enjoyed friends, exploring, tinkering with cars, skiing and spending time with family. After graduating high school in 1991 he attended College one year and spent a summer river guiding in Vernal Utah. Then he served 2 year church proselyting and service mission at the California Ventura Mission. After that he returned to College and completed a Bachelor of Science in Zoology at BYU Provo. He then moved to Forest Grove, Oregon to attend Optometry School. While there he met his soon to be wife Jenna. Training brought them to Laramie Wyoming and the Snowy Range Vision Clinic, a Private practice which specializes in Pediatric Optometry and Rigid Contact Lenses. After that they moved to Salt Lake City to train at the Eye Institute of Utah alongside Ophthalmologists specializing in Cataract Surgery, Retina Surgery, Lasik, Strabismus, and Oculoplastics. For the final residency they returned to the Portland area for Training at the Pacific University Schools Clinics. While in training their family grew- Chloe was born January 2000, only a few short months before Adam graduated and received his Doctorate in Optometry from the Pacific University College of Optometry. Since graduating, Dr. Heiner has served the local community as a practicing doctor.
Dr. Adam Heiner started practicing in Nampa in 2000 as the lease holding Optometrist at the Nampa 12th and Greenhurst Walmart. A few years later, in 2004 he opened Nampa Family Eyecare- an Optometrist owned Eye Clinic which served everyone, especially pediatric patients. He continues to enjoy serving people in the Treasure Valley, and recently moved his Practice to a new location in Eagle called Adam’s Eyecare. His 20 years of experience have helped him understand that finding the perfect prescription for his patients requires an open ear and an eye for detail. Through passion, education, and tenacity, Dr. Heiner helps his patients find the exact right glasses or contact lenses to suit their needs. He is happy when he can help a patient find a solution to a vision or ocular difficulty.
Dr Heiner specializes in Atropine Therapy for Myopia Management, Soft and Rigid Contact lenses, Ocular Disease Treatment and Management, Eye Emergencies, and glasses prescriptions that provide clear comfortable vision.
Adam and his wife Jenna have six children, ages 10-22. When he’s not serving families in the Treasure Valley as an Optometrist, Dr. Heiner enjoys exploring mountains and scenery with his family, beekeeping, woodworking, mechanical work of any kind, computer building, gardening, and serving in his church group.
Amber Simonson OD
Amber L. Simonson, O.D. was raised in McCall, Idaho. She graduated as valedictorian from McCall-Donnelly High School. Dr. Simonson did her undergraduate studies at Boise State University and graduate studies at Pacific University College of Optometry where she received her Doctor of Optometry degree. She also graduated with high honors in both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Dr. Simonson completed several internships in the areas of contact lenses, pediatric vision care, ocular disease, and LASIK and cataract co-management at the Pacific University's Portland clinics and surrounding areas. She also completed additional clinical rotations at the Cataract and LASIK center of Utah where she was trained in co-management and ocular disease and an internship in broad-based primary eye care and contact lenses here in the Boise valley.
Dr. Simonson has been practicing in the Boise valley since 1999. She has and will continue to provide the highest quality of care to her patients. She believes in providing family-friendly full scope eye care.
Dr. Simonson specializes in difficult contact lens fittings (rigid gas permeable contact lenses and Scleral lenses).
She loves spending her free time with her husband, Patrick, and her two children. We are proud to have her as one of our doctors. Please contact us if you would like to make an appointment with Dr. Amber Simonson.
Adam’s Eyecare provides Optometrist and Optician services, Glasses and Soft Contact lens services, Routine eye exams, Emergency eye services, and eyewear products to families in the Treasure Valley.
At Adam’s Eyecare, we specialize in:
- Scleral Lens fitting, dispensing and prescribing
- Well Vision Eye exams.
- Prescription Eyeglasses, and Contact lenses.
- Diabetic Eye Exams.
- Dilated and/or Ultra Wide Field digital imaging to verify and monitor retinopathy.
- Including an exam report sent to your Primary Care Provider and Endocrinologist.
- Pediatric eye exams and eyecare.
- Amblyopia diagnosis and treatment.
- Myopia management- Atropine and Optical therapy.
- Eyeglasses for headaches, squinting, poor academic performance and poor vision.
- Autism awareness.
- A safe environment, where everyone is important.
- Lasik co-management and surgeon referrals.
- Urgent red eye or injury evaluation and treatment.
- Foreign Body and rust ring removal in office, no need to go to the emergency room.
- Diabetic Retinopathy evaluation, management, and referal to specialist as needed.
- Retina screening and examination for disease, holes, tears, detachments. Clarus 500 Ultra Wide Field retinal camera assists with visualization.
- Zeiss Cirrus OCT imaging. Ability to diagnose macular edema, macular degeneration, plaquenil retinal toxicity screening and diagnosis.
- Customized Progressive lenses- many types. The world has a literal book of different designs of Progressives, we help you find the best one for you.
- Eyedrops- We can help you with Medicated prescription, and non prescription over the counter recommendations- both man made and natural.
- Contact Lenses for Myopia, Hyperopia, Astigmatism, Presbyopia and Myopia Management. Both Soft and Rigid. We specialize in helping people find comfortable and clear Contact Lenses for their needs.
We also sell a variety of fashionable, high-quality eyewear including eyeglasses, contact lenses, sunglasses, sports glasses, and safety glasses.